Overnight Parking Restrictions
Many streets prohibit parking from 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. This is to allow for easier snow removal, proper street sweeping and it reduces unsightly warehousing of cars on the streets.
Overnight Parking Options
- Overnight parking is available at the Pugh Street, Fraser
Streetand Beaver Avenue garages during the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. at a reduced rate of $0.75 per hour.
- Employees working in the downtown may purchase a reduced rate parking permit ($35.00 per month) for the Beaver Garage that allows parking only between 4 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Residents may request one or two nights' exception to the overnight restriction when a guest is staying over or a vehicle has experienced a breakdown. To receive a special exception, you must contact the Parking Department before 11 p.m. You must be able to provide the following information: Vehicle license plate, state, make and color, block and street, and dates of permission along with your name and phone number. Please contact the Parking Department at (814) 278-4769 or email@example.com prior to 11 p.m. to receive this permission.
- Vehicles parked in "No Parking Anytime" areas or in violation of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code are subject to ticketing and/or towing. Pennsylvania Vehicle Code violations include, but are not limited to:
- No Parking on the Sidewalk
- No Parking within an Intersection
- No Parking on a Crosswalk
- No Parking within 20 feet of a Crosswalk at an Intersection
- No Parking within 30 feet of a Stop Sign
- No Parking over 12 inches from the Curb
- No Parking against Traffic
- No Parking in Front of a Driveway